I started at The Hub in 2018 and manage our marketing, so there is a good chance you might have seen me on our social media platforms. I also support our customer service team and will be the face that greets you at our clinic in Phillip.
Marketing is something I fell into quite unexpectedly after I discovered very quickly that my chosen career of Accounting was DEFNITELY not for me. It was during my accounting days that I started to discover my interest in marketing and have never looked back.
I love being a part of such a vibrant team who has such a powerful impact on people’s life’s every day.
Q&A with Esmarie:
What’s your favourite food?
Self-saucing chocolate pudding. It’s not only delicious but brings back a lot of amazing childhood memories for me.
What’s your favourite cooking method?
Roasting. A roast is so easy to prepare and yet tastes as though you’ve spent hours preparing it.
What’s your superpower?
I can make coffee disappear really quickly…….
Your audacious goal:
Becoming a creative director with an unlimited budget! (ha-ha!)
5 organisation tips that help you eat well:
As a working mum of two little munchkins it is a constant challenge, but I have got a couple of go-to tips:
- Cook in bulk and freeze. Whenever I make a meal, I always put a lot of effort into it because I love cooking, so, I cook extra and freeze the rest. For example, I make an enchilada filling bulked up with loads of vegetables and then freeze it in batches. If you want a no-fuss dinner, just thaw a bunch of filling and fill some wraps. Place the rolled wraps on an oven tray and top with cheese. Heat up in the oven until the cheese is melted and you have the worlds easiest dinner. Bon Appetit!
- My pantry is always stocked with pre-cooked brown rice packets. It doesn’t taste as good as freshly cooked rice, but it does the trick when needed. My fridge is also always stocked with frozen vegetables in individual steam pouches.
- I LOVE PEAKFRESH BAGS! It keeps our fresh produce crisp and perfect for an entire fortnight! Before I started using PeakFresh bags our fresh produce use to spoil only a couple of days after buying it. This meant that any remaining days before our next grocery shop was spent with no vegetables or fruit for meals or snacks.
- Meal planning is also something I always stick to. It not only helps you to stay organised but helps you to stick to budget.
- Use click and collect OR don’t go to the shops hungry and without a list. It sounds silly but rings very true for me. Using click and collect doesn’t tempt me with anything else in store and I find it a lot easier to stick to my meal plan. And lastly, when I have to go into the shops, I make sure I have a list and I’m not hungry. My love for food and trying new and exciting things always takes over and when I’m hungry it’s even worse.